Individual counseling is your opportunity to meet with a therapist one-on one to work on you. With your Waterloo therapist, you can identify and set your goals for therapy and work on what is important to you. All Waterloo therapists are passionate about and are dedicated to providing LGBTQIA+ affirming therapy in a safe and supportive environment. Waterloo therapists are trained in many different therapeutic approaches that may work for you.
Reasons someone might seek out individual therapy may be:
- Dealing with depression, anxiety and stress
- Building self-esteem
- Coping with grief or loss
- Addressing trauma or PTSD through EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Discovering and creating healthy boundaries and relationships
- Coming out
- Exploring gender identity or transitioning
- Concerns about living with HIV/AIDS
To learn more or make an appointment, please call us at (512) 444-9922 or email us.